AMGECU CREDIT UNION
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME INFORMATION
Policy Statement Through this policy, AMGECU Credit Union will be committed to providing Interns with a quality experience that involves meaningful activities and the opportunity to learn and gain practical work experience in the financial co-operative sector.
Interns will be provided with a clearly defined framework of participation and learning, and will be supervised by the Supervisor in charge of each department, who will monitor progress to ensure effective contribution and resolve any concerns of the Intern.
Interns will not be considered as a permanent employee and would not be entitled to salary and benefits offered to permanent employees. Interns will not be allowed to represent AMGECU in any official capacity and must always consult with their Supervisory before disseminating information to the membership or any stakeholder.
Internship recruitment will be conducted through a transparent and competitive application and selection process.
Eligibility criteria Under the Internship Programme, applicants will be considered based on the criteria below.
All Interns must:
- Be citizens of Trinidad and Tobago or a member of AMGECU;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age;
- Be enrolled in a university, or equivalent tertiary institution;
- Have the right to reside and work in the Trinidad and Tobago if the applicant is a member who is a citizen of another country.
- Students should be enrolled in an associate or first degree programme and should have completed one year of full-time or part time study.
- Priority may be given to applicants who are members of AMGECU or are pursing Co-operative Studies.
All Internship Placements will be advertised on AMGECU’s website.
- All enquiries from prospective Interns should be advised to visit the AMGECU’s website where Internship opportunities will be posted.
- The application form would be posted online. Applicants must complete the application form and submit to AMGECU’s office with proof of enrolment by providing a letter from the university or tertiary institution. This letter must be on the institution’s official letterhead. Unless specified, applicants should include copies of their diplomas and other important documents.
- Prospective Interns submitting applications must state clearly the skills and experience they expect to gain or develop during the period of Internship and the contributions they will make to the work of AMGECU.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- A Board appointed Committee will review all applications and select a shortlist. The Committee would interview the shortlisted applicants and select suitable interns.